12.2.14

the little things...

We've been in our house for almost 2 months now. Crazy eh? It's so hard to believe! I was standing in the hall way last night and looking around and seriously got a few little butterflies in my tummy. Its just so hard to believe we are in our house; we absolutely LOVE everything about it. Having never built before it was a bit nerve racking trying to making wise decisions and hoping it would somewhat resemble our vision in the end. And guess what? We wouldn't change a thing!!

This post is actually about my laundry room, well more specifically my laundry room light! (Before I go any farther I just need to let you know that Husband has deemed the laundry room "my room" so I was able to go as girly and colourful as I wanted in it!! :) I tried to keep the rest of the house a little more masculine haha) Back in the summer I found this light at Canadian Tire and I knew it was EXACTLY what I wanted!!

A little bling + a little price tag (purchased on red Friday for a whopping $30) = win-win!

Craig may or may not have raised his eyebrow at my choice originally and to be honest when it was first up it didn't  quite do what I wanted (don't tell him that). Then on the weekend Husband decided we should try a different light bulb in the fixture... GENIUS moment let me tell you.

Isn't she beautiful?!

"My room" isn't a large room being approximately 7' square (I say approx. because it isn't actually square, two of the corners are 45 deg angles. The door comes in on an angle and the wall behind the sink angles in also.) on the left it has a counter for folding and cupboards for linens etc...

And on the right a sink for soaking and a washer & dryer.

The last, but certainly not the least detail, the laundry chute door that leads to our ensuite so I don't have to haul laundry "all the way around"!!

Yup I'm in love with my room, it makes laundry day a little more cheery!! 

-j

No comments:

Post a Comment